Ideas

1. The ablility to create camera groups

The ability to create camera groups (with customer name or group name), will save time when choosing cameras. The group will contain all cameras the customer standardized on, as well as the preferred settings for those cameras. This makes adding the cameras easier. Simply just choose the camera group(s) to add to a project, then choose from those list of cameras (with already pre-defined settings.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manual FoV Angle Entry

I'd like the ability to manually enter Horizontal and Vertical FoV degrees manually and use that data to calculate range. When you set the aspect ratio, the tool auto calculates the vertical angle based on the horizontal angle. Which works as visible light cameras have square pixels. However, thermal cameras have rectangular pixel pitch. These rectangle pixels cause aspect angles which do not maintain a perfect aspect ratio (see FLIR FC camera datasheet for example) datasheet. I do a lot of work with thermal cameras so I understand my situation might me unique, but it would make life a lot…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Depth of field calculation (расчет глубины резкости)

Depth of field calculation (расчет глубины резкости)

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Camera Counts in summary (Total), and camera counts by type of camera in subtotal.

In the Network Bandwidth and Summary section please add to the summary the following details: Total Number of Cameras, Subtotal number of each camera by camera Model.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Angle measuring in vertical projection

Measuring angles in the vertical projection can be implemented in the same way as it was done for "Site Plan" tab by “measuring tape” tool.

It is especially important for license plate numbers recognition, because the number is not always set strictly on the center axis of the camera. This also applies to automatic face recognition.
    Here are examples of requirements for ANPR and face recoginition:
    https://doc.axxonsoft.com/confluence/display/next43en/Installing+cameras+for+proper+ANPR

https://doc.axxonsoft.com/confluence/display/face71en/Requirements+for+video+camera+installation+and+configuration

See also screenshots.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tool for measuring the number of pixels per object on the camera image

Very often manufacturers of video analytics engines do not describe the required density of pixels per meter, but instead provide information about how many pixels should fall on an object (size of the abandoned object, distance between the eyes, the width of the face, the height of a person in pixels, etc.). It would be convenient to have a tool for measuring number of pixels on a simulated frame from a camera.

It could be implemented in the “3D views” tab, for example, as “measuring tape” tool with unit of measure not a meter, but a pixel.

Of course, the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. zipstream

Add Zipstream compression (From AXIS)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add wagons and containers with numbers

Automatic recognition is used not only for license plates and faces, but also for wagon and container numbers, where pixel density is also important.

Here examples of requirements from developers of wagon numbers recognition engines:

https://doc.axxonsoft.com/confluence/display/auto54en/Video+camera+mounting+and+setup+requirements+for+the+IntLab-Carriages+and+ARH+Carriages

https://www.intlab.com/products/intlab-wagon

https://www.intlab.com/products/intlab-container

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Entering letters in "Model" field for filtering and quick selection of camera model

Very often camera model is known in advance, but the process of selecting a specific camera model is very difficult due to the fact that you cannot enter text in "Model" field. One can only open the list and scroll long time to select the particular model. Some manufacturers have hundreds of camera models, so the selection process takes a lot of time.

When you click the "Open camera database" button, you can search by the camera model, this is also very long process. It is necessary to press the button, wait until base opens, enter the name of the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Objects visualization in vertical projection

At the moment objects (people, cars, walls and so on) can be visualized only in the horizontal projection ("Site Plan" tab), the idea is to add object visualization also in a vertical projection, for example, to "Camera Installation Drawing" tab.

Why is it important:

1) One can see which objects do not fall within the viewing zones vertically (blind zones)

2) One can measure for which objects the vertical tilt angle exceeds the allowable (it is especially important for automatic face and license plates numbers recognition when vertical angle matters)

3) Often, one horizontal projection is not enough to understand…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add access control hardware

Access control hardware to show locations

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Configurable Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts

I commented this on another post, but it would be very nice to have a keyboard preferences option, so that I can configure keyboard and mouse commands for specific features.

Example: To make the mouse commands on the site plan work like Visio for me, I would prefer to be able to move the site plan horizontally using SHIFT+Mouse wheel, vertically using Mouse wheel with no modifiers, and zoom using CTRL+Mouse Wheel (that's how Visio works for me). I understand I can do this with other modifiers but would prefer to define the keys myself.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Copy to the clipboard camera settings from the database

It would be handy when searching through the camera base and selecting a specific model, opy the camera parameters (at least the camera name) to the clipboard by invoking the context menu. It would be useful for later insertion, for example, into an explanatory note, searching through internet and so on.

See screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Digital zoom

At the moment “+” and “-” buttons on the “3D View” tab mean changing in focal length, but can be interpreted differently - as a digital zoom and as a change in focal length (optical zoom).

Please make separate buttons for digital zoom and optical zoom (in fact, optical zoom perhaps is not needed at all, since the focal length (optical zoom) can be changed on the tab with camera settings - this duplicates the same function with "+" and “-” buttons on the “3D View” tab).

Digital zoom is very importnant many megapixel cameras, when the screen window (for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to put Intrusion Alarm and Card Access devices on drawings.

I have to complete hundreds or security plans and I use JVSG for the Camera portion and then have to use VISIO to complete the remaining Card Access and Intrusion Alarm drawings. I would like the ability to have a library of Card Access and Intrusion Alarm symbols and be able to add them to the drawings so I just have one program to use. Thanks.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to export and import grouped objects.

As an example, I work in rail and often need to recreate tracks, ticket counters and other rail related items. The ability to save or export these object for import into a new design would be a great time saver.

Similar to what Visio can do with objects. Many of these objects can be built within the JVSG software without the need of a 3D modeler. Having to build these objects in a 3D modeler is time consuming and required 3rd party licensed software.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Few functionalities

I use Your software on second project and this is awesome and power solution. I have little bit feedback and suggestion about use.

I use Your solution not only for show camera area or visualisation but this is easy way to creation 3D background from 2D draw for CCTV map or security systems.
    Maybe it was not Your intention of you creating this software (background maps) but very quickly I can create the whole project from generating documentation and to creating system maps.
    This is my sugestions:
    1. Ctrl + D shortcut - fast duplicate of the selected object (replaces…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Outline zoomed region of camera instalation on site map

It would ba a lot easier to read a exported project if the zoomed ragions of camera instalation would be outlined in the whole site map. Please see attached image.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple Monitor Support

I could imagine working much more efficient with layout plan opened in fullscreen while the program main window with the 3d view tab opened on second screen.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save visibility settings for camera

Currently within JVSG, we toggle the visibility settings of cameras so that we can assess various areas / specific camera(s).

When you close JVSG and reopen, it does not save which cameras cones were turned on or off, so we have to go through this exercise again on start up.

Is there a way for the cone visibility settings to be saved to the file?

It is not necessary for all camera cones to be on by default on startup, as there is a option to turn this on/off.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base