Ideas

1. 159 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Depth of field calculation (расчет глубины резкости)

Depth of field calculation (расчет глубины резкости)

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto trace of plans to save time creating walls.

It would be useful if the software could either 'guess' the location of walls on a 2D drawing e.g. architecturals, and put walls over it.

Alternatively, when using the drawing tools within JVSG, allow it to automatically highlight an underlying wall such that you would only need to click on each wall, rather than specify endpoints etc.

This would be a much faster way of turning drawings into a 3D model.

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to put Intrusion Alarm and Card Access devices on drawings.

I have to complete hundreds or security plans and I use JVSG for the Camera portion and then have to use VISIO to complete the remaining Card Access and Intrusion Alarm drawings. I would like the ability to have a library of Card Access and Intrusion Alarm symbols and be able to add them to the drawings so I just have one program to use. Thanks.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the software 64Bit

The software often fails to load karge background images due to not being abled to allocate memory above 4GB.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Swedish type of trucks 25 meters

In Sweden there are a type of trucks that are longer than the usual semi trailer. This type is 25 meters long and it would be really helpful to have this vehicle when designing cargo depots.

Measurements are 25 m long and 2,6 meters wide.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 'Save picture to file' images at sensor size

If my camera is, for instance, 1920x1080 then 'save picture to file' should export an anti-aliased image rendered at these dimensions.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calculate camera coverage %

It would be nice if I could draw a box where I would like to have a specific resolution achieved and have the program calculate how much of it has been achieved.

For example if I wanted the parking lot to be X pix/m and I drew a box over the entire parking area and then layed out cameras and the program calculated I had achieved 96% coverage at X pix/m
    or better then this is something I could bring forward for funding to improve the cameras and something measurable for upper management.

Greg

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ceiling Height, Drop Ceilings

have a Ceiling Height area,

and have the option to add walls around that area, upwards or downwards, this would be quicker to create a room and rooms within larger room, and a drop down ceiling.

Wall option to same ceiling height

Also within the 3D you see the ceiling.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Flythroughs

This tool allows us to differentiate our proposals from competitors' by showing a 'what-if' view to customers and help them understand exactly what the end-product will show.

The 3D models are particularly useful in this regard. It would be nice to 'record' a flythrough that could be sent to a customer or put on Youtube etc. rather than a flat-image.

I appreciate much of this is 'pizazz' and for show rather than of genuine technical value, but if we are going to invest a lot of time in quoting, the 'wow factor' is important in some cases.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Grouping and ungroupin objects

Add Ctrt+g to group objects, Ctrl+u to ungroup

Christian Syring

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Zoom function and movement in drawing

Alter zoom function and movement with mouse, so it is the same as in Microsoft Visio. That is zoom with mouse scroll and move the drawing with leftmouse held down and move the mouse.
    Current zoom function is pretty annoying when using mouse scroll function.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Consider short lens distortion

Take care of barrel distortion. It takes huge impact in ppm/ppf values and FOV.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple Monitor Support

I could imagine working much more efficient with layout plan opened in fullscreen while the program main window with the 3d view tab opened on second screen.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. light

Placing different light sources and scenarios.
    It would be interessting to have different light settings and light sources to design the scene. Backlight could be as interessting as placing different luminous source to illuminate the scene.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add the following - 1. Single-leaf glass door, 2. Single-leaf metal door , 3. Elevator Door

Please add the following - 1. Single-leaf glass door, 2. Single-leaf metal door , 3. Elevator Door

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add pir, radar sensors

The ability to add sensors like the Optex Redwall or the new Axis D2050. Or even just add a generic sensor that we can provide the range and horizontal/vertical fields so it looks similar to the zone of a camera maybe with a custom colour?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fixed size for Camera icons and labels at 100% size.

The camera icon and ID should not remain at size 12 when e.g. zooming out. This will make impossible to have decent printouts as in big projects the labels cross each other and lose characters, etc.

I like the possibility to export to 400% image file and it is good to print on A0, but the labels just don't work as they are currently.

Also, it would be very useful to have a "connector" from the label to the camera which it belongs to.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PTZ Camera Field of View

It would be very helpful if there would be a way to only show a dome camera's current field of view and not the entire possible Field of view. If the entire possible FOV appears, projects can get a little bit messy.

In the image I attached the only way I managed to only show the current FOV (with walls).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base